Ravi's Personal Blog

06 October, 2008

US Trip Day 1(2/10/2008)

First day of I reached without any unexpected events from airport to apartment. Mr. Paul Watson (African American) was quite friendly. I called Swagata to inform my arrival, but she responded after I left voicemail (seems typical US people practice, which I didn't like it). She introduced me to Sobhan Roy( System Admin from Kolkatta office who is in Philly on L1 visa for a year), who asked to meet him next day. This left me to rely on what I had brought from India for my diner needs.Climate is extremely hostile, below 10degree Celsius. I had what I had brought from India and slept. Due to effect of jet lag, I slept almost 8-9 hours that night even though my stomach wasn't full adequately.Apartment seemed like damped and none-dusted for month altogether, which has quite run down kitchen amenities like basic utensils, dishwasher, bread toaster, refrigerator, electric gas stove, in addition apartment has washing machine, room heater, dryer, 2 single bed, wardrobe, basic furniture, TV, iron box and table. I found myself quite disconnected with the world without internet, long distance calling facility & cable TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home