Ravi's Personal Blog

06 October, 2008

US Trip Day 3(4/10/2008)

Saturday, first half I spent time with Sobhan knowing him more and cooking together. He cooked fish, rice and daal, which I shared (of course not fish). Second half went to office bought weekly SEPTA Trans pass for 20.75 USD. Then I spent sometime in Office chatting online with Suresh in UK. Also went to India stores with other colleagues of Kuljian and shopped for cooking essentials & 2 calling cards worth 116 USD. Almost I bought everything that will help me cook food for a month, from spices, basic vegetables for week etc.I walked with Anshuman, design engineer for almost 5 km distance. he shared his views and experience about US and how US was built nicely under Clinton and completely screwed by Bush etc. He also mentioned Philly is second worst city in US as crime rate is highest due to large population of African Americans. He warned from roaming alone in certain areas in late hours of the day. I started realizing that white are minorities in Philly, of course out side my office. In my office I found majority population was Bengalis and whites. Anshuman mentioned that everyone from outside faces both racism and persuasions for religious conversion.Every single person, I met, of course Indian, said is US is no longer good place to stay and earn money. Swagata said, US is more good place to make money but good place to get US professional experience.But I am bent upon exploring how US market responds to my resume. I would need to wait at least 3-4 weeks for that, during this time I would avail SSN which is passport for job, driving license, medical and dental insurance, taxes, financial transactions.Definitely, It is worth at least a month to evaluate the potential of my resume and US job market response to it.Whole day, I also faced body shiver, similar to one we face during fever. I was wondering if I was sick. After I slept that night next day morning, I was fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home